From the second your eyes met the eyes of your puppy, you knew nothing would ever come between the two of you. It’s time to prepare the house to help make him feel comfortable. You prepared the list of everything you need to buy. The list is longer than you imagined. New dog expenses include dog food and trips to the veterinarian. There may not be enough money budgeted for a beautiful, new dog crate. It doesn’t have to be expensive.
Many dog owners out there choose soft-sided dog crates for their puppies. Some use them indoors for potty training or behavior training; others use them for traveling. Some pet parents will use indoor dog pens for their dogs when they leave their homes for a while.
Soft Sided Crate Which is Easy to Use
The soft-sided crate is made of polyester fiber which is tough enough so that your puppy cannot scratch it or tear it easily. One added point is that they are soft, lightweight, easily foldable, and can be kept in a secure place.
Whatever the reason is, it is important to know you are getting the best soft-sided crates for your dog. You want one that they can feel safe and comfortable in, but also one that really solves your problem as far as your puppy is concerned. However, how do you know which is the best one for you and your four-legged friends?
Keep reading and learn about all the features, hopefully; you will find a soft dog crate large enough to fit your beloved furry friend.
Choosing Soft Dog Crates to Suit Your Puppy
The three primary considerations for choosing the best soft-sided crates:
- The size and weight of the puppy
- Whether or not the dog is a puppy or a full-grown pooch
- The budget for the soft crate you want to buy
The size and weight of the dog are the first consideration when purchasing a durable soft crate for dogs. If your dog doesn’t fit comfortably inside then it will not be of any use. Your dog needs to be able to stand up and move around. When sitting or standing, there should be at least three inches between the top of the dog’s head and the top of the soft-sided crate.
Puppies like to run around and play. They also like to chew on things. For this reason, some soft-sided dog crates are only recommended for older dogs. When you buy it for your puppy, remember that you cannot leave the puppy unattended for extended lengths of time.
The amount of money you have determines which quality of soft crate you want to buy. This list of the 5 best soft dog crates will provide you with the information you need.
5 Best Soft Dog Crate Reviews
# 1 – Amazon Basics Soft-Sided Mesh Pet Carrier
The Amazon Basics Soft-Sided Mesh Pet Carrier will be the choice for any new pet owner. Your dog will be comfortable in his cozy space. As a new pet owner, you will be happy knowing your pet is safe in his new home. Pet lovers recognize this crate’s quality.
This durable soft crate is available in the market in three sizes.
EASY TO ASSEMBLE – The Amazon Basics Soft-Sided Mesh Pet Carrier is easy to assemble, and suitable for your small or medium size dogs. To assemble it, all you have to do is zip up the two sides, and you’re in business. This premium soft crate can be used both indoors and outdoors.
SCREEN MESH ON ALL SIDES – There is screen mesh on all sides to provide ventilation and fresh air. Your pet can look outside through the mesh. The mesh door in the front zips up to provide secure confinement. The windows roll down on all 3 sides to offer privacy for your furry pet friend.
LAMB’S WOOL FLOOR PAD – Your pooch will enjoy this best soft dog crate while relaxing on, and falling asleep on, the comfortable lamb’s wool floor pad. Lamb’s wool is made from the virgin wool of young lambs to create finer quality wool. This soft-sided dog crate will make the perfect soft dog crate.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE – This portable dog crate measures 38″L x 28″W x 34″H. It’s lightweight, weighing only 12 pounds. It is the perfect size for your small dog or medium size dog. You can store it, in the case that it comes in, or carry it by the handles.
INDOORS OR OUTDOORS – These soft-sided crates can be used both indoors and outdoors. These soft dog crates are perfect for traveling with small-sized breeds and pet owners who are on their toes. It comes with loops at the base you can use to stake it to the ground when outside.
- The polyester material is water-resistant. The PVC backing ensures that it is sturdy and won’t collapse. Compared to some of the others, these are of excellent quality.
- Puppies, if left unattended, may chew on the crate and you may have torn mesh.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q. I live too far from the store and would like to order a soft pet crate. How do I know if this is the right size for my dog?
- Ans. To get the correct measurements for your dog, you should measure from the rump or base of the tail. Next, measure up to the tip of the nose with the dog’s head extended. Then measure from the top of the shoulder to the floor or their paw pads.
Q. Will the soft crate take up much storage space when it is not being used?
- Ans. These collapsible dog crates look large but allow easy storage at home and on the road. When they are folded, they take up 93-Percent less space.
Q. Does a soft crate have to cost a lot of money to be of good quality?
- Ans. No, they don’t. Some of these dog cages are the best ones on the market. Go Pet Club sells dog cages for modest budgets.
#2 – Soft Side Pet Crate by Precision Pet
These soft side dog crates are for pets and pet owners who are on the go. These soft crates are made for taking short trips with your friend. You can take your pal with you when you go shopping, or anywhere else you go where dogs are allowed.
This soft travel crate is found in two colors, and three sizes are available, and the best soft crate in the market.
ACCESSORY POCKETS –The accessory pockets on top of the crate and the ones on the sides provide convenient extra storage. You can store your dog’s toys and other items essential for his care while on your trip. The pockets are large enough, they can hold a variety of items.
FREE DELUXE MAT– This collapsible dog crate is comfortable, and the waterproof mat makes it easy for your dog to keep his feet planted firmly on the ground. He won’t slide around on the floor of his new soft dog kennel. Whenever he wants to sit or lie down, he will be comfortable on this deluxe mat.
FOLDABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT – You can set up these soft dog crates or fold them down in seconds. They are lightweight and easy to carry and made up of water-resistant fabric. When you’re not using it, you can fold it up and slide it underneath a bed or store it in a closet.
THREE ENTRANCES –Three entrances make it possible for your dog to easily get into the crate, as it has zippered doors. Whether placed inside by the owner or if he walks inside on his own. This secure crate also makes it easy to get your puppy out of the carrier, just in case he’s stubborn.
WATER BOTTLE HOLDER – The water bottle holder is a nice feature of this cage. You can take some bottled water along, so your dog’s health is not put in jeopardy due to dehydration. Your dog might experience stomach problems from drinking water that he’s not used to. Find out some water bottles for dogs here. This is a heavy-duty product.
- This is a quality that’s ideal for your dog when you’re traveling. It’s a nice alternative to the wire metal kennels, which are heavier and not suitable for transport.
- If you use it outdoors, you may have to clean it more often. These aren’t the cheapest dog cages, but they are still priced low among the competitors. The floor mat is not very thick.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
Q.Does it comes with a mat?
Ans: This dog crate comes with a free removable fleece pad that is comfortable and easy to clean.
Q. Can this be assembled easily?
Ans. This has a durable powder-coated lightweight steel frame is in tube form. The cloth material is easy to handle. Anyone can set this collapsible dog crate in seconds. No tools are needed.
Q. How safe is it to travel with my dog in the car?
#3 – 3Door Portable Soft Crate by- Pet Gear
You’ve arrived at your vacation destination. What do you do with your dog? This 3 door portable pop open soft dog kennel is your answer. With reinforced corners, this soft dog kennel is a playpen for your paly mate. While on vacation it will serve as your dog’s hotel room inside your hotel room. Five colors and six sizes are available.
PORTABLE PRIVACY – This portable pop open kennel is made for your dog to have a private and secure location to relax away from home. If everything has to go your way then dog training is essential. If your puppy feels safe and secure, he will not experience too much anxiety. This dog secure crate gives a good value for your money.
SIZE: 27″Lx18″ Wx22″H – These pop open dog kennels for outside will house a small dog like a Poodle, Schnauzer, or similar pet that weighs up to 25 pounds. Small-sized dogs are about 12-15 inches tall and weigh about 10-20 pounds. They have plenty of room to stretch inside this crate. It is a heavy-duty product too.
IDEAL FOR SEPARATING PETS – You’ll use this pop-open dog cage if you have a second dog and want to separate them. You may also use this crate if you’re visiting someone who has a puppy and you want to keep your dog separated from other similar pets.
THREE WAYS TO ENTER– With the mesh windows, the ventilation is optimum. There are three ways to get easy access inside. That makes it easy for you and your pet. Although these are dog cages, the mesh panels are made up of high-quality fabric. Your dog will be protected inside this crate.
WASHABLE MAT– Made of water-resistant fabric, the mat is machine washable, so you don’t have to worry about your pet’s accidents. If something is spilled in the crate, you only take out the mat and wash it. Washing the mat will help eliminate unwanted odors and germs to help keep you and your pet healthy.
- This is not just a crate, it is a playpen for your smaller dogs, that they will enjoy.
- This carrier is designed to be used only with pets that have been trained. Dogs trained to be in crates are not destructive. They are content with being in a cozy place to relax and will not destroy the kennel by trying to escape. These premium soft crates are not the largest in the category of large crates.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
Q. Can this dog crate be used as a pet carrier as well?
- Ans. This is a kennel, not a carrier. It does not have a handle or strap. However, it is a good choice from Petsfit who sells these cheap compared to their competitors.
Q. How easy is it to assemble?
- Ans. It is very easy to assemble; you just pop it up. That’s part of what makes this such a great kennel to have for your dog when traveling. Because it does not take much to assemble it, you can easily use these collapsible dog crates in hotels while on your vacation. Many hotels are pet-friendly. When you make your hotel reservations, you should ask about their policy about bringing your pet.
#4 – Airline Approved Soft Sided Pet Carrier by-Cocoprice
This airline-approved dog carrier is made for airline travel. The cost of boarding a pet can be expensive. Depending on how long you will be traveling, boarding your dog may be more expensive than taking it with you. Check with your airline carrier for current rules before you leave.
This airline-approved carrier is found in four colors, and two sizes are available on the market.
AIRLINE APPROVED – This carrier is approved by most of the major domestic airlines, such as United Airlines, American Airlines, and Southwest Airlines. With this crate, you can carry your pet with you inside the cabin. It meets the size requirement of carry-on luggage that must fit completely under the seat.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – This airline dog carrier is made of quality material. A safety belt buckle allows the carrier to be restrained with vehicle seat belts. It has large mesh windows. Many experts recommend you restrain your pets for safety. The sturdy support metal frame keeps it from collapsing on your pet and gives him plenty of space.
COMFORTABLE – Your pooch will travel in both style and comfort with this dog carrier airline-approved bag. Before people realize it is a dog carrier, you are sure to get stares and compliments with this stylish bag on your shoulder. Tucked comfortably in his carrier, no one will ever know you have a pet.
EASY TO STORE & CARRY: The carrying handle is adjustable. Padded shoulder straps add an extra layer of cushion to your shoulder. You will appreciate this airline dog carrier feature when traveling through the long corridors of the airport terminal, especially when you have your pet on your shoulder.
SAFETY & SECURITY– This dog crate will allow you to buckle your dog in for safety by connecting to the vehicle’s seat belt. This airline-approved soft crate is small enough to sit on the floor of the vehicle where it is safer for your pet during transport.
- This airplane dog carrier is airline approved, but it can also be used as a dog carrier for short trips by car or other modes of transportation. It’s the best type of pet carrier for flying because you can make it fit underneath the seat.
- This carrier is only about thirteen inches tall at the most. Therefore, it’s only useful for transporting very small dogs.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
Q. Is this pet carrier sold in any color other than green?
- Ans. Yes, they are available in pink, blue, and red. The colors are very stylish and allow them to blend in with other carry-on bags.
Q. Can you carry the pet through the TSA checkpoint with the carrier?
- Ans. TSA (Transportation Security Administration)provides pet traveling tips on its website. You will bring your pet to the security checkpoint in the travel carrier. Then you will remove him from the carrier just before beginning the screening process. The pet crate will be X-rayed while you hold your pet.
Q. What does it cost to travel with my pet carrier?
- Ans. It depends on your airline carrier.
#5 – Soft Fordable Indoor & Outdoor Travel Dog Crate by- Top Pet
This 2Top Pet Foldable product is the Cadillac of soft-sided dog crates. These are Versatile, attractive, and economical for indoor and outdoor use. They have everything you want for smaller dogs. Any pet owner will appreciate all the nice features available in these dog crates.
This front-facing dog carrier can be had in two colors, and three sizes that are available in the market.
FUNCTION- These all-in-one foldable outdoor collapsible dog crates function as carriers as well as kennels. The shoulder strap on top makes them easy to carry. Your pooch is always ready to go whenever you are on the move.
STRONG STEEL TUBE DESIGN – These large dog kennels are very sturdy, with their Steel tube design with reinforced corners make sure that your puppy does not get injured. Although they are heavy-duty products, they are still lightweight.
They weigh less than Seven pounds. With the weight of your puppy, it will still be easy to carry and strong enough to hold your dog.
WASHABLE SOFT FABRIC COVER – The lightweight steel frame is covered with waterproof material, soft Oxford 600D fabric for easy maintenance.
You can set the soft crate outside on the patio by the pool. If your pet doesn’t mind, you don’t have to worry about the water splashing on the crate.
VENTILATED, MESH PANEL WINDOWS – Your dog will not feel isolated in his new cage. This product features cute bone-shaped windows. With the mesh windows and mesh doors, your pet will be able to see outside in all directions. Most dogs are very social and want to see what’s happening around them.
FRONTAL ZIPPER – This front-facing dog carrier, dogs chewing on the zippers is the number one complaint of many dog owners. Zippers can be especially hazardous for young untrained puppies.
- This product is great for traveling and dog training purposes. It can be used both indoors and outdoors. These outside dog kennels are economical, compared to metal kennels and plastic kennels.
- There are no seat belt loops, but the crate handles can be used to secure the dog cages to the vehicle’s seat belt. Experts recommend that pet carriers be placed in the footwell of the vehicle behind the driver’s or front passenger’s seat.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
Q. Can this dog crate be used to take the dog on an airplane?
- Ans. Yes. Contact the airlines for their requirements. Special precautions should be taken with short-nosed dogs. In 2010 the U.S. Department of Transportation released statistics showing at least 36 of 122 dogs that died associated with airline flights in the five years before 2010 were short-nosed dogs.
Q. Does this dog crate take up much room?
- Ans. No, that’s the beauty of it. It doesn’t require much space. You can keep your dog near you or other family members so that he does not feel alone. The best place for this may be in the family room. This soft-sided dog crate folds up nicely for easy storage.
Metal and plastic dog crates damage the interior upholstery of vehicles. They should not be used inside your car. However, you don’t have to leave your dog at home when traveling. Whether you have a puppy or a grownup dog, one of these will fit your needs. Whether you’ve just brought your dog home for the first time, making frequent short car trips, or going on vacation by plane or train, one of these is the right option for you. These are the five best soft sided dog crates in the market in our view.
Please do note that this page contains affiliate links, and Hellowdog gets little commissions on every purchase made through any of such links. This has no additional effect on the final price you would be required to pay, and we are highly grateful for your support.